The Director of IT Operations is responsible for the correct running of all IT operations supporting the core business functions for the Parallel Import and Generics business units with a focus on systems and data management.
The Director of IT Operations leads all processes covering the full life cycle for each system including vendor management, licensing compliance, external support agreements, secure system access (admin, users), employee training, user account management, system documentation and procedures. He/she will act as the main point of contact for the IT support team to ensure the correct functioning of the various systems and applications, engaging vendors as needed for support/improvements/upgrades.
The Director of IT Operations will act as deputy to the CIO when needed. Project Management experience and good organisational skills are required as this role will act as PM/SME for many projects when IT is the key deliverable/enabler.
This is a critical role that requires excellent understanding of how IT support business operations. Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and good documentation management are key requirements for this position. Proprietary software/systems training will be provided, however, a solid understanding of standard software functionality in Windows/Linux environments and SaaS is required.
The Hospital Account Manager undertakes full responsibility of the following:
ROLE & RESPONSABILITIES
- IT & Business Systems
- Define, setup and follow up processes, procedures and best practices for IT & business systems including:
- Selection and procurement based on user & functional requirements, vendor demos, system comparison, proposal recommendations.
- Implementation, documentation, and training (admins/users).
- Vendor management (communication, NDA/ up-to-date contracts).
- License compliance and assignments (adjusted to users to avoid excess).
- Review of invoices and pricing accuracy to be approved by IT Manager/CIO.
- Provide specialist IT Support related to IT & business systems.
- Review/approve users with access requests to IT & business systems.
- Document all requests, incidents & problems into the helpdesk system as required.
- Keep informed about new developments and best practices related to systems management.
- Aim to follow up ITIL or similar standards setup by the IT Team.
- Security related activities (MFA, password reset, access permissions, etc.).
- Setting up and testing business continuity and disaster recovery solutions.
- Systems Strategy
- Stay up to date & investigate new technological changes that could impact the systems and their operation by Alter Pharma employees.
- Prepare proposals for the CIO and department heads for the selection, implementation and upgrade of new IT solutions aiming to improve efficiency and/or reduce the cost of business operations.
- Play an analytical role, constantly assessing the effectiveness of the existing software/applications, data, and processes developed by the department focusing on digitalisation strategies.
- Supply Chain systems administrator and IT serialisation representative.
- Data Management & Analysis
- Liaison for data management and data analytics projects (infrastructure, master data, analysis tools, etc.) between vendors and business/system owners.
- Analyse complex business requirements and makes recommendations to the CIO for technical solutions, ensuring that these solutions are aligned with the overall business vision, mission, and direction.
- Responsible for handling requests for data flows, data import/export for existing systems as well as the data integration/sharing with other systems.
- Documentation & Training
- Write, review and keep up-to-date documents and guides for systems and processes.
- Transfer of relevant knowledge to team members and key business users (SMEs).
- Identify and document troubleshooting techniques/steps in the IT wiki/knowledge base.
- Attend job-related training.
- Financial & Administrative Support Functions
- Budget (OPEX/CAPEX) review and updates
- Respond to miscellaneous requests and research as directed by the CIO
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Task orientated, capable of taking ownership of systems management and support incidents from the moment they are received until their resolution is completed
- Project Management knowledge (methodologies, project planning & scheduling, time management, budgeting, risk and cost management)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have good listening skills and ability to empathize
- Good grammar and writing skills, capable of translating technical into common language
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure and efficiently multitask
- Must have sense of ownership and responsibility
- Self-motivated, self-starter and a good finisher
- Able to succeed and contribute to a team environment
- Perfect command of written/oral English (technical) and French (Dutch is a bonus).
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Bioinformatics.
- Minimum 10 years managerial/technical experience including PM roles, budgeting, technical implementations, database system responsibilities and customer service.
- Proven track record of creative solution delivery and delivery on business needs.
- Good understanding of databases (SQL/MySQL), data analysis and platforms (e.g. PowerBI), network infrastructure technologies, inclusive of security solutions.
- Experience writing or updating IT related QA documentation (IQ, OQ, PQ)
Occasional travel to other Alter Pharma locations or partners might be necessary