ABOUT OUR COMPANY
A.forall is a Belgian group of pharmaceutical companies with headquarters in Anderlecht (Belgium) and offices in Ireland and the United States. Employing in total over 144 employees, the Group distributes a wide range of pharmaceutical products to pharmacies, wholesalers, hospitals and retirement homes. At the same time, Alter Pharma is a global player on the generics market, with around 15 molecules on the European and US market and a fully stocked pipeline of niche, complex and added value products.
We make affordable medicines available to all, this means that we foster patient access by deuivering superior healthcare solutions that are affordable and available for everyone, eliminating any barrier for treatment continuity.
OUR COMPANY DNA
We are proud of our entrepreneurial culture and foster open communication, mutal respect, professionalism and efficient decision-making and we believe that our multicultural organisation is one of our most important competitive advantages.
We believe that timely and well considered decisions as a response to emerging opportunities and ideas is the key to our success.
We believe that the success of the company lies in the competence, dedication and motivation of each of our employees.
We believe that freedom returns flexibility and empowerment returns commitment.
We are currently looking for a talented Senior accountant to be involved in our Generics Business Unit. The successful candidate must have accounting knowledge and has at least +/- 7 years of relevant experience in a similar function in a similar environment.
You will be responsible for the monthly/quarterly/yearly closing for several Belgian entities and 1 US entity. You will report directly to the business unit Finance Manager and will be based in Anderlecht, Belgium.
- Day to day:
- You are responsible to ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, and entering transactions.
- Close follow-up of AP/AR/Bank processes and work closely together with the AP/AR accountant.
- Review payment proposals + preparing Isabel
- Monthly and Annual Closing
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Ensuring financial records comply with regulatory standards
- Collaborating with other departments to complete accurate records and provide accounting support
- Summarizes financial status by collecting/reviewing the information with a critical mindset and reports balance sheet and P&L
- Assists in ad-hoc requests
- Annual tasks
- Summarizes financial status by collecting/preparing information and declaring following statements: VAT/Intrastat, Annual accounts, Income taxes.
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
YOUR PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
The successful candidate has a bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent and has at least +/- 7 years of relevant experience in a similar function.
You have knowledge about accounting principles and are eager to learn more. SAP knowledge is an asset.
- You have strong analytical skills.
- You are open minded and have a hands-on mentality.
- You are a real team player and have a positive can-do attitude.
- You are flexible and able to work with deadlines.
- You are well organized, rigorous, eager to learn and autonomous
- You empower people, look for alignment, teamwork, priority setting, trust, open communication
- You speak and write fluently Dutch and English. Other languages are an asset.
- You have strong knowledge of SAP Business One, Excel and Outlook
For more information about our company, please visit https://aforallpharma.com/.
Motivation letter and CV can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org